Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Creative Juices

I've been feeling uninspired for the last not-insignificant period of time.
So I decided to do a creative photography course.
And it was seriously challenging! I've spent most of the last year only taking photos of LJ except on specific occassions, so it was nice to HAVE to go out and shoot things that were nothing to do with him.

While there, we did creative writing exercises every week, and I thought I would share some with you over the next couple of weeks. Please note this was hand-written, not on a computer, so it takes a bit longer to actually write!

The situation: You are a 10 year old boy. You've done a trade at school - your dads mercedes for an elephant. Write a letter to dad explaining why there is no mercedes in the driveway, without mentioning it was a trade. You have 4 minutes.

DAD!
You'll never guess what I won today!
AN ELEPHANT!!
How awesome is that!?!
You know I've always loved elephants, so I entered the competition at the zoo to have one at home for a day, and I WON!
We needed to move your car down the road for a while, since we couldn't get Jumbo into the backyard - we had to fence the driveway for him instead.
Its the talk of the town - isn't it awesome?
Love you heaps!

1 comment:

Kelly Warriner-Simpson said...

Hahaha that is awesome and sounds like Kane so you hit the 10yo boy mark really well. As a mum, never underestimate the power of having a hobby that is just about YOU. Good job chick